ORC-LP-250x183

It is Week 5 of the One Room Challenge linking event hosted by Linda at Calling it Home.  If you’re just joining me, you can see my plans and progress (Week 2Week 3, and Week 4) for this crazy fun event designed to kick our butts motivate us to finish designing and decorating a room.  In six weeks.  Did I mention that?  (I jest, Linda!  Thanks to you for motivating me to finish two essential spaces in the last year.  It will really make a huge difference in my home!)

Last week was a bit of a dud since I had been traveling and basically didn’t get anything done.  This week was all about the accessories.  I was DIY and “Homegoods Happy”.

I chose these coral pink hand towels to coordinate with the bench cushion in the mudroom.  And how could I resist an acrylic soap dispenser?

DSC_0523

I also decided that George Washington needed a little makeover.

George “before” his glam session:

IMG_1379

George “after” his glam session.

IMG_1380

I also decided to take my dad’s advice and get some letters to include.  (See Dad, I DO listen to you once and awhile!).

I found these little wood letters at the craft store and think they’ll look cute on the shelf above the toilet.

IMG_1378

DSC_0525

George and the wood letters got a coat of this Rust-oleum paint.  But to be honest, I wasn’t that impressed with it.  I felt like I used a lot of paint to cover those three little things.

DSC_1082

Still to do before next week’s final reveal:

– Touch up paint

– Hang window shade

– Edit / Rearrange art

Please take a look at all of the other One Room Challenge and One Room Challenge Linking participants.  There is some really great, inspirational work going on!

Don’t forget to check back here next week for the final reveal!

Signature1

You Might Also Like:

9 replies
  1. Dad
    Dad says:

Nice to know someone still listens to me! I’m looking forward to seeing the room when it’s all finished.

2. Karena
    Karena says:

First I am so impressed that your Dad reads your blog!
    Love the way the powder room is shaping up Kristen!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

3. KMR
    KMR says:

Those hand towels will look so great with the dark blue walls. I can’t wait to see the reveal next week!

4. Tracy Laverty
    Tracy Laverty says:

Kristen, I met you in Frederick for the Hometown Hustle day. Glad to see your in the ORC too. Love the colors you have going on for your bathroom. Can’t wait for the reveal!

5. Melissa @ A Prudent Life
    Melissa @ A Prudent Life says:

I used the Rustoleum Universal paint in white this week and it took a lot to cover my project (plastic bins) as well. I had to buy 2 more cans tonight 🙁 I LOVE the Rustoleum American Accents Gold – it covers REALLY well and is the perfect gold. BUT, when I tried the American Accents in White it was a disaster. It came out like sand. My bin literally feels like a could sand down a dresser with it. So odd. I love your glammed up George and can’t wait to see the whole room next week!!!

6. Anna @Annabode
    Anna @Annabode says:

Oooh I love the soap dispenser! Have you tried Rustoleum’s gold spray paint without primer? I’ve used it a bunch, and it covers pretty well. Can’t wait to see the room finished next week!

Comments are closed.